Thursday, May 30, 2013

Palmolive Soft Touch Review

I received 2 bottles of Palmolive Soft Touch from Influenster for review.  Now, I receive many free samples, and I'm very picky about which of these I integrate into my repertoire, but I WILL be buying Soft Touch again.  It's a great, all around household product.

I received 2 varieties: coconut and Vitamin E.  Unfortunately, both bottles leaked in shipping, so I received a slimy mess!  However, this allowed me to evaluate the product before I actually put it to use.  First thing I noticed was the pleasant scent.  This stuff is not overwhelmingly scented.  It's scented just enough to overpower those odors that arise from food remnants left on dishes before they hit the sink.  The next thing I noticed was the feel.  This soap definitely feels more like a body wash than like a dish soap.  It's thick and luxe like my expensive moisturizing body wash.  Its viscosity is closer to a body wash as well.

But this IS a dish soap, and not a body wash, so the big question is how does it do on dishes?  As good or better than the brand I had on hand (Dawn.)  It also softens your hands while you wash dishes, so there's no need to apply a separate lotion when you are done.  In fact, the soft touch has replaced the hand soap I used to keep by the kitchen sink. 

Years ago, when palmolive was green, Madge the manicurist used to tell folks "You're soaking in it."  Palmolive ought to revive that campaign for this new soap.  Soaking your hands in this palmolive does not dry them out at all.  My skin does not feel tight after washing with the palmolive.

It's also great for getting that crud that ends up on you, instead of on the plate, out of your clothes.  I spot-cleaned my dress after cooking food "popped" on me, and the palmolive did an excellent job of preventing stains.  Dabbing a soapy towel on the spots immediately got them out without leaving soap spots in their place.

Out of the two flavors I received, I prefer the coconut.  But then I love all things coconut anyway, so that's not surprising.  I haven't noticed any difference in how the different flavors perform.

If you are looking for a dish soft that softens while it cleans, try Palmolive Soft Touch.  You'll no longer need those rubber gloves for washing dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment